Get My Thought On Television and "Hollyweird"

Get My Thought On Television and "Hollyweird"

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

We Need To Return To The Golden Days Of Television

I have to tell you friends, and I am being as honest as can be right now, reality tv is ruining television. First of all, if you actually believe "Reality tv" is real, well you are a bit dilusional. The face of the matter is, is that "reality tv" is quite scripted and quite stupid. Where are the days of the sitcom? Where are the days of the family drama? where are the..well, I could go on and on, but you get my point.

There is very little on television that makes it worth turning the set on for. I have found a few series that I do enjoy (and actually one or two of those "reality" shows as well) but these days I would rather turn on TVLand and the such in order to watch reruns that I love.

Where are the creative people these days? Look back friends at what we used to have; shows like, The Andy Griffith Show, M*A*S*H, All in the Family, Everybody Loves Raymond, and Friends, only to name a few. What do we have these days? Shows like Jersey Shore, Teen Moms,The Bachelor, and I could go on and on but I won't.

So what I plan to do for my next few posts are to highlight some of the few new television shows that you should be watching, and perhaps you could point me in the direction of what you call entertainment and we can compare notes, who knows we may find some common ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment