Get My Thought On Television and "Hollyweird"

Get My Thought On Television and "Hollyweird"

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Is The Day of the Soap Opera Coming to an End?

I have watched Soaps most of my life and am a bit taken back how they are just being tossed into the trash lately. From Guiding Light to One Life to Live, soaps are being canceled left and right and being raplace by talk shows and game shows (which I think we already have plenty of). Some of these shows have been on from 1965 and even earlier.

I am watching Days of our Lives these days and I am really enjoying what they are producing these days. I honestly believe that the viewers started leaving the soaps back when the OJ Simpson trial was televised in place of them.

So here is what I am hoping, and that is that people who enjoy good sappy drama will come back to daytime and support the hardest working actors in the business. I'm watching, are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment