Get My Thought On Television and "Hollyweird"

Get My Thought On Television and "Hollyweird"

Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Secret Life of an American Teenager

Well friends, first of all let me say that after watching this show, I am totally hooked! Is this an actual depiction of how it really is for an American teenager and their families? Naw, not ever close. Well maybe the extreme disfunctional families.

I have actually been catching up with this show on Netflix, and I really am hooked (although a child of mine would never be allowed to watch it). At first I though all of the actors (minus the acting veterans) were kind of monotoned, but as it went along,WOW, did they improve!

This cast of young actors really came into their own after a couple seasons. Francia Raisa (who is actually 24) and Ken Baumann's (who is 23) portrayal of a young married couple that delivered a still born child was great acting from the very core of the heart. These episodes had me wanting to cry outloud and if you can do that to me, then I tip my hat to you as a great actor.

I really have a hard time tipping my hat to the PSA in the middle of the show asking teens and parents to talk about sex and that teen pregnancy is 100% avoidable and then going back to a show that seems to have the parents telling these high schoolers, "sure, stay the night with your boyfriend" "sure, move in with your baby's father" "try sexually pleasing yourself instead of having sex with your boyfriend", So I have real issues with the show, but I am old enough to seperate what I like from what I find offensive.

Again, I am hooked on this show, but I would NOT allow a child of mine to watch it, but then, that's my opinion, what's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment