Get My Thought On Television and "Hollyweird"

Get My Thought On Television and "Hollyweird"

Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Andy Griffith Show

I really couldn't do a blog on television without doing a post about the great Andy Griffith Show. This show was definitely before it's time. The humor in this show still can't be matched as they didn't write jokes for the show, they wrote situations, unlike most shows back then and today.

With a cast that still can't be touched and with the writing that was provided these great actors it was sure to be a hit! Now I have some favorites from todays television shows but if you really want a good belly laugh and get it by watching a show that entire family can (and will ) enjoy, then this is your show.

I do have a slight complaint that most people do about this show (if you follow this blog you will realize that I find no show perfect and I will let you know why) and that is when it went to color. seems when it left the black and white days the awesome writing went right along with it. If it weren't for the strong cast (minus Don Knotts as he left the show before it went to color) the show would have probably ended right then and there.

Anyway, if you're young and haven't had a chance to visit Mayberry or if you are from another country or have been living under a rock and have never seen the show, you can always check out streaming episodes online and clips on youtube. You won't be disappointed and I believe it may become your favorite too.

No comments:

Post a Comment